Benfleet Lodge 3798 always welcomes new members. You can find out more about us by pressing the history button below or for more information please contact our secretary.
For further information please contact the secretary Mark Inns by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BENFLEET LODGE 3798
Benfleet Lodge was consecrated on the 18th December 1917 at Freemasons Hall, Great Queen Street, London by Lord Lambourne, P.C.,C.V.O.,D.L., the then Provincial Grand Master of Essex. All the officers of Provincial Grand Lodge were present, including W.Bro. Dr. F. Douglas Turner, Provincial Senior Warden and W.Bro. The Lord Bishop of Chelmsford, Provincial Grand Chstrong>
The first Initiate of the Lodge was Mr. Edward Land, Proprietor of the Anchor Inn, Benfleet, where the Lodge held its meetings, and the second Initiate was the Vicar of Benfleet, the Reverend A.C. Holthouse.
The Lodge crest, which forms the centre piece of the Lodge Banner, represents the porch-way and entrance to St. Mary the Virgin Church in South Benfleet.
There are currently 23 members of the Lodge which practices the Emulation Ritual. The Centenary Anniversary of the Lodge was be celebrated in 2017.