Tudor Lodge meets on the 3rd Saturday in the months of September (White Table), January & May (Tudor Night).
2nd Saturday in November and the 4th Saturday in March (Installation).
Contact the Secretary for details.
For more information please contact our secretary Robert Vine by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The earliest records relating to Tudor Lodge are minutes of a founders meeting dated Thursday May 13th 1948. It was at this meeting that the first officers were selected, the venue, which at that time was the Overcliff Hotel, was also decided upon. It is recorded that a good deal of discussion took place with regard to the name of the Lodge, finally Tudor was agreed upon, however no indication is given as to what prompted that choice. An alternative name was also put forward in case Grand Lodge rejected the first, it was Canthus, the dictionary definition of which is - “Either of the angles formed where the upper and lower eyelids meet”.
Whilst it is true that the majority of the founder members were from Prittlewell Lodge, it is interesting to note that three were from other local Lodges, i.e. Albert Lucking, Hadleigh Castle and Sir Francis Drake and the remaining founders were members of Percy Lodge (Newcastle), Fraternal (Blackpool), St Annes (London), Good Hope (London), Stability (London), Royal Victorian Jubilee (Upminster), Facta non Verba (London), Wandsworthian (Surrey) and Eccleston (London).
The question of which ritual to adopt appears to have prompted a great deal of discussion. As no single ritual was common to all of the founders it was finally agreed to settle with Universal, there then followed a whole year of School of Instruction so that the founders would be fully conversant. They must have been remarkable people when you consider that they went to all this effort before permission had even been granted to Consecrate the Lodge. In the end it was to be more than two years before their dream became reality.
The Tudor "Family Tree" starts with Priory Lodge No 1000 and is then traced through St Clements, Albert Lucking and finally Prittlewell, our Mother Lodge.
TUDOR LODGE BANNER
The first Lodge banner was dedicated in November 1960 by W.Bros. Robert Blake and William Blake in memory of their father, W.Bro. Frederick Blake - a Founder Member. The Ceremony of Dedication was performed by W.Bro. The Rev. Cannon P.C.Lee, M.A., Past Provincial Grand Chaplain, who also acted as Chaplain throughout the Lodge meeting.
The Lodge banner was replaced in November 2005 after some 45 years of continual use. The Ceremony of Dedication was performed by W.Bro. Rev. Martin F. Howse, Deputy Provincial Grand Chaplain. This replacement banner was presented to Tudor Lodge by W.Bro. Peter Springett.